Monday, February 23, 2009

Platelet Donation (Jan 2009)

In memory of Baby Tessa and in honor of our friend Trevor...I donated platelets for the first time. It was a very interesting experience. I plan to donate often. You can donate as often as every 2 weeks. Platelets are needed every day by so many people. Please find the time to donate. Find a donation site in your area by clicking here.


Getting ready


Settling down for a movie while donating.


That is not pee...those are platelets.

Showing off my pink bandages after my donation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni,
I was opening up my email this evening and there you were requesting folks to give blood.

I've signed up to give blood on the 27th of this month - at the Pleasanton Blood Center, 2:45pm.

God Coincidence??? If I had not received your email requesting folks to give blood?? Thank you very much.

Love,
Karen

gooddog said...

Hey. I love that you donate and love that you give to the things you care about. Really. That's what I'm talking about that you are compassionate and caring.

The only thing... I wish I didn't feel like I was going to vomit every time I see that picture of you holding the platelet bags.




FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed