I find myself...(especially this week during Spring Break when I've got all three kids home)..wishing our lives to the next stages...if you know what I mean.
We've got a 4 1/2 year old, an almost 3 year old and a "2 month old" preemie. Life seems tough right now. My boys are fighting with each other like cats and dogs. Some days it seems as though I'm in the darkest part of the tunnel and not seeing the light at the end. I sometimes say, "I can't wait till they are older and we are past this stage" but then other days...I find myself wanting to hit the pause button. We are so blessed to have our 3 boys.
The last 6 months have been kinda crazy. Ryan, our oldest has really put us to the test. There are several things that we can point to as why he might be acting out...such as
-turning 4
-starting school
-Mommy in the hospital for almost 3 weeks
-having a new little brother
-having Mommy and Daddy gone alot visiting his new little brother in NICU for almost 2 months
-his Daddy having to work so much
-having the huge responsibility of being the big brother and being expected to set the example.
We have to remember that this too shall pass...but right now it seems so huge. It is huge if this attitude continues into the teenage years. We don't want that unruly teenager-nobody does. We want to nip it in the bud now.
Please pray that we don't wish this stage of our lives away. Pray that we are constantly reminded that we are truly blessed no matter how big the tantrum(s). Pray that we can find an appropritate way to deal with the issues that we face during this phase of our lives. Continue to pray for Evan's health. We don't have an official weight again yet but I think he might be 8 pounds. We go to Duke in a couple of weeks for a follow up.
YOU'RE GONNA MISS THIS (lyrics)
She was starin out the window of their SUV
Complainin sayin I can't wait to turn 18
She said I'll make my own money
And I'll make my own rules
Momma put the car in park out there in front of the school
And she kissed her head, and said
'I was just like you'
You're gonna' miss this
You're gonna' want this back
You're gonna' wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna' miss this
A few years later she's a brand new bride
In a one bedroom apartment
And her daddy stops by
He tells her it's a nice place
She says, 'It'll do for now'
Starts talkin' about babies, and buyin a house
Daddy shakes his head
And says baby just slow down
Cuz' you're gonna' miss this
You're gonna' want this back
You're gonna' wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna' miss this
Five years later there's a plumber
Workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin' one kid's screamin'
And she keeps apologizin'
He says they don't bother me
I've got two babies of my own
One's thirty- six, one's twenty- three
Huh, it's hard to believe
But you're gonna' miss this
You're gonna' want this back
You're gonna' wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna' miss this
You're gonna' miss this
Yeaahhhh... you're gonna' miss this...


No comments:
Post a Comment