I haven't posted for a week because our computer went crazy and come to find out it is just the monitor...thank goodness! My dad is letting us borrow a really old monitor until we get a new one. I've got alot of catching up to do with my posts because we have been very busy and I have some medical updates for Evan.
The nutritionist came out Monday to weigh him and he was 7 lbs 6 ozs. Evan has been gaining approx. 20 grams a day which is what he is supposed to gain but she said that he is technically "faling to thrive." I asked her if she thinks we are dealing with dwarfism since the docs had mentioned that when he was inutero. She said, "to be honest with you I think there is some kind of syndrome going on because of his facial features and his shortened limbs." She wants to get the geneticist involved. That scared me so I contacted my pediatrician. She is still seeing preemie issues. She thinks it is too early to tell but thinks it is a good idea to talk to the geneticist. His weight was also different just 2 hours after the nutritionist weighed him at my house. He was 7 lbs 11.5 ozs. Evan had a follow up appt at Duke on Tuesday in regards to the CT scan that was taken 6 weeks ago. The neurosurgeon doesn't think we will be dealing with hydrocephalus. He wants an MRI done in 3 months. Evan weighed 7lbs 13 ounces on Tues. Our pediatrician wants to see Evan next Wednesday for another weight check.
Monday, when I was told that Evan might have "some syndrome" is when our computer went on the blink. Nothing seemed to go right that day. I was convicted many times that day. I was doing alot of complaing about little things going ary and I just needed to stop and Praise God for my friends and family and how much we are blessed.


No comments:
Post a Comment