Friday, May 9, 2008

Tornado Hits NC

9. I am so grateful that the tornado didn't hit our neighborhood and we are all safe and sound.

We happened to be awake last night when it started to rain really hard and got very windy. We looked outside and then it started to hail. Chad said that probably means a tornado is headed here. He turned on the T.V. and sure enough the news was broadcasting a tornado watch in our area. I got the 2 older boys up and brought them into the living room with us. Jack didn't wake up at all but Ryan watched the weather on T.V. and listened to it outside. We thought if the tornado came- I would run to the bathroom with the boys and Chad would run down the hall and get the baby and meet us in there.

Seeing all the damage that was done only about 10 miles from us was way too close for comfort. I can't even imagine losing everything like some did in this storm.

Last night when we were waiting and watching......I prayed for our safety but I also worried about our earthly possessions. Why in the world did I do that? I am sad that I was thinking about material things when we could have lost our lives. I pray that I can put all my heart into my Lord, Jesus Christ and not be obsessed over something that doesn't have anything to do with my eternity. I was thinking that I would be so distraught over losing all my pictures and memories. What is wrong with me? I know-I am sinner!

I pray that I can rid my obsession of earthly 'treasures' and honor and love the only true treasure there is-Jesus Christ.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34

Please pray for those affected by the storm.

Please pray for us tonight as we have another storm system coming in.

Please pray for Chad as he is working tonight-Lord keep him safe!

No comments:




FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed