Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bedtime Reading

We've been reading this book for a couple of months now. We don't read it every night that is why it is taking us so long to get through it.
I read this book in a Children's Literature course I took. I loved it and thought my boys would enjoy it. They do so far. Maybe one day we will get to the end.

The following is taken directly from her website.

Kate DiCamillo introduces a hero for all time!

Welcome to the story of Despereaux Tilling, a mouse who is in love with music, stories, and a princess named Pea. It is also the story of a rat called Roscuro, who lives in the darkness and covets a world filled with light. And it is the story of Miggery Sow, a slow-witted serving girl who harbors a simple, impossible wish. These three characters are about to embark on a journey that will lead them down into a horrible dungeon, up into a glittering castle, and, ultimately, into each other's lives. And what happens then? As Kate DiCamillo would say: "Reader, it is your destiny to find out."

No comments:




FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed